By Len Rosenthal, CMO
LoadDynamiX Enterprise just got better.
Today, Virtual Instruments rolled out the 5.2 version of our workload analysis and workload modeling solution, and we think you’re going to like what it means for your ability to visualize production workload data and understand the I/O characteristics of your storage workloads. We’ve improved workload modeling capabilities and built in greater insights for load generation appliance utilization.
This upgrade is all about giving deeper insights to storage architects working in hybrid data center environments. If that’s you, here are 5(.2) things you can expect when you upgrade to Load DynamiX Enterprise 5.2 and our new load generation appliance software:
- Iteration Explorer: This new visualization capability builds on our popular Workload Iterator feature and provides storage architects with critical insights on demand to very quickly determine the storage infrastructure’s blind spots at full production scale.
- Improved integration with VirtualWisdom: If you’re using VirtualWisdom, you’ll now be able to automatically export and visualize your production workload data, because Load DynamiX 5.2 supports clustered workload data imports from VirtualWisdom.
- Temporal workload models for block-based storage – Previously in beta and now generally available, the innovative temporal workload models for FC and iSCSI allow users to simulate highly realistic application workloads that vary I/O characteristics over time.
- iSCSI MPIO – Measure the load balancing and failover designs of a multipath iSCSI fabric.
- SMB3 support – Gives customers the ability to assess the performance of storage infrastructures employing the latest Microsoft-based solutions such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, as well as Hyper-V, using the new SMB3 Workload Model, including SMB3 Encryption support.
- Object response handler – Simulate how different cloud-based applications interact with different object stores by precisely defining how the object storage client responds to over 70 pre-defined HTTP response codes.
- Fibre Channel (FC) LUN service – Significantly shortens the time required to configure a large multi-path FC test bed.
*. 2: Learn more about LoadDynamiX Enterprise 5.2 here and here. Want to see Load DynamiX Enterprise in action? Read our case study with GE GIS to find out how they are creating and managing an innovative storage infrastructure.